Son of the Barovian Burgomaster
A very jovial Barovian you first find in the Blood of the Vine Tavern.
Known as “Ismark the Lesser” by the villagers because he has lived in the shadow of his father for most of his life.
Requested the party’s aid in protecting his adopted sister Ireena Kolyana.
He has trained most of his life to kill Strahd, and will assist the party if they help him guard his sister and take her to safety.
He has relayed to you the following information:
- Strahd is attracted to his sister and desires her above all others.
- Strahd is a vampire, and he dwells in Castle Ravenloft.
- Strahd is a curse placed on the land because of a forgotten sin of the Barovian Ancestors.
- A vampire must rest in its coffin during the day. At night it can summon wolves and vermin to do its bidding. It is able to transform into bat, wolf, or a cloud of mist. It can dominate you with a powerful gaze.
- A vampire cannot enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.
- Running water burns a vampire like acid, and sunlight will make it burst into flame.
- Anyone who attempts to leave the land of Barovia begins to choke on the fog, and will perish.
- Many strangers have been drawn to Barovia over the years but they have all died or disappeared.
- Wolves, direwolves, and werewolves prowl the woods, and bats fill the skies at night.
- The village of Barovia sits at the east end of the valley, the burgomaster is Kolyan Indirovich.
- The town of Vallaki lies in the heart of the valley, its burgomaster is named Baron Vargas Vallakovich.
- The fortified village of Krezk lies at the west end of the valley, built around an old abbey. It’s burgomaster is named Dmitri Krezkov.